Thursday, March 25, 2010

I.M. Healthy SoyNut Butter

Since my daughter is allergic to peanuts and corn, I've been trying to find a good substitute for peanut butter. The corn allergy makes this hard, since many of the brands I've looked at have some corn derivatives in them.

The other day I came across I.M. Healthy SoyNut Butter at my local Kroger. I contacted the company (who by the way was very helpful) and confirmed that the Unsweetened Creamy variety is corn free. It is also gluten and dairy free. They make the butter in a peanut/nut free facility so it is safe for children who are that sensitive to nuts.

I have to say, it is pretty tasty! My daughter loves it which is wonderful. I now have an easy snack or lunch to pack for her when we are out and about. It has 9 g of protein per 2 tbsp and only 1 g of sugar. So, it is something that I feel good about giving her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment