Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kosher for Passover

Let me start this off by saying that I am not Jewish. Because of this fact, I just recently learned about the Kosher for Passover foods. Kosher for Passover foods are much more strict than the "regular" Kosher foods and also are generally free of corn, dairy and soy due to religious reasons. So, what this means for us dealing with multiple food allergies is that you can actually get some margarine or other food items that are corn free, dairy free and soy free. This is exciting to say the least! I've been looking for a corn free, dairy free margarine and it just doesn't seem to exist.

As a courtesy to the local Jewish community, my local allergy group contacted a couple of the Jewish markets and let them know we would be coming in for some items this year. They said the foods should start arriving by early March so be on the look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment