Monday, June 1, 2009

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix


I miss pizza. Terribly. But when you are dairy, soy and tomato free it's a little difficult. There just isn't a good substitute for real cheese on a pizza. If you know of one, please let me know! I actually use this mix to make rosemary rolls. I make the mix according to the instructions and add in fresh chopped rosemary. Then I drop the dough onto the cookie sheet (it's a little sticky) I drizzle olive oil on top of them before baking. And if I do say so myself, they are pretty darn good. My husband loves them. He can eat gluten but prefers these little rolls to anything else. I would imagine the pizza crust would be great from this mix. I paid $3.99 for it at Whole Foods. It is well worth it if you are looking for a great gluten free crust or roll mix. It does call for 2 eggs, but if you are egg free there are instructions for using flax seed meal instead. You can find Bob's Red Mill at most grocery stores (my local Kroger sells it) or order it online at http://www.bobsredmill.com/

Ingredients: whole grain brown rice flour, potato starch, whole grain millet, whole grain sorghum flour, tapioca flour, potato flour, evaporated cane juice, xanthan gum, active dry yeast, sea salt, guar gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment