Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pamela's Classic Vanilla Cake Mix



My daughter just recently celebrated her 1st Birthday. Rather than make everyone eat a gluten and dairy free cake, I ordered a regular cake for everyone else and made some cupcakes for her and I to eat. The bakery even gave me a few extra flowers to put on top of the cupcakes so that they matched the cake!

I've had Pamela's Classic Vanilla Cake Mix before and decided to use it for the cupcakes rather than risk making it from scratch. As far as cake mixes go, I have to say Pamela's is pretty good! The cupcakes were not quite as fluffy as I like them to be, but they were tasty. The mix does call for eggs and does not list any substitutions. Since we do not have eggs issues here, I did use them and I think that this mix needs the eggs to work. I frosted them with a homemade frosting made from powdered sugar and palm oil shortening. I have to say that I was pleased with the cupcakes and would use this mix again if I needed to make a cake. Pamela's Products are available in natural food stores such as PCC Natural Markets, Sprouts, Wegman's, Whole Foods, and more, as well as many grocery stores such as Fred Meyer, Kroger, Publix, Safeway and Winn Dixie, throughout the United States, Canada and other countries. You can find out more information on their
website

Ingredients: Organic Natural Evaporated Cane Sugar, Tapioca Starch, White Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Chicory Root, Sea Salt, Grainless & Aluminum Free Baking Powder (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Potato Starch), Organic Vanilla Powder (contains corn derivative), Rice Bran, Gluten-free Natural Vanilla Powder (contains corn derivative), Xanthan Gum.

No comments:

Post a Comment